Hardworking, hospitality-driven, genuine and proactive. We're looking for someone just like you. Meanwhile barbacks are the backbone of a smooth and well-maintained brewery. They assist bartenders in service, serve as a liaison to the best guest experience, and ensure everyone is comfortable and safe in these unprecedented times.
- Passionate about craft beer and desire to know more about the brewing process, styles and service.
- Informed with regards to upcoming beer releases and descriptors.
- Works as a team and maintains an open channel of communication
- Upholds the Meanwhile culture, values, and vibe.
- Ability to multi-task and keeps cool under pressure.
- Checks opening inventory and denote any shortages or changes.
- Responsible for the cleanliness and orderliness of Meanwhile
- Sets up bar and seating areas before opening and resets after guests leave.
- Changes taps on empty kegs.
- Reports any problems or potential issues to the Manager on duty.
- Maintains the security of all bar supplies and products.
- Assists with the maintenance of facility and taproom equipment.
- The job role is always changing, developing, & expanding.
- Your schedule must be flexible and open, including nights and weekends.
- Spanish or ASL language skills are a major plus.
- You have to understand and follow safety, sanitation, and food handling procedures.
- A valid Texas TABC Bartender License is required before working on your first shift.
- You have to be able to stand for long periods – reaching, bending, stooping, and frequently lifting/rolling 55-165 pound kegs also come with the job.