Meanwhile Brewing Company is a 15 bbl brewery and biergarten in Austin, TX. We are seeking a passionate, quality-focused, safety-driven, and team-oriented Packaging Lead to join our production team! We need an individual who is borderline obsessed with the process, has a strong mechanical aptitude, and better yet, takes pride in the beer we make. You’ll be working alongside Director of Operations Nao Ohdera and Brewmaster Will Jaquiss. That sound like something you’re into? Let’s be friends.
- Operates and maintains the American Canning CP-4 Filler/Seamer with a focus on safety, quality, and efficiency.
- Understands production systems and is able to diagnose sources of machine failure or malfunction to perform necessary repair.
- Accurately tracks and reports supplies used for canning runs, as well as beer packaged – every time.
- Cleans and sanitizes the canning line, and maintains an obsessively clean and organized work environment.
- Helps oversee fermentation and performs lab sampling duties and other quality assurance tasks.
- Handles basic brewery, equipment, and facility maintenance.
- Assists with miscellaneous brewery duties, including basic cellaring work and inventory.
- Operates a forklift and handles hazardous materials properly.
- Drives company sprinter van to pick up canning supplies.
- Has strong communication, planning, and organizational skills.
REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY
- This is a full-time salaried position – that’s 40 hours each week with occasional overtime.
- We’re working with beer here – you gotta be 21 years old with at least 1 years commercial experience working with a packaging line or in a related field.
- Valid Driver’s License is a must.
- Ability to follow Standard Operating Procedures and to follow safety requirements is a must.
- Mechanical proficiency is required.
- This job is physical. You’ll be lifting 55-165 pound kegs, dragging hoses, twisting/turning, reaching over your shoulders, climbing stairs, working in hot/cold/wet conditions, bending/stooping, and standing/walking.
- You must be able to work nights & weekends. Shifts are 8-10 hours and will begin between 6-10 AM.
- You must conduct yourself professionally while representing Meanwhile Brewing Co. whether in the taproom or at an event/competition.
- You must be open to sharing ideas and suggestions with the team. Help us all be better brewers.
HEALTH CARE PACKAGE